The prolonged Covid-19 pandemic has transformed the way we live and work. The overall landscape of the business firms has entirely changed in the last two years, with remote working becoming mandatory in most parts of the world. Now that the offices are reopening, it is crucial to maintain the safety of workplaces. Hence, it is imperative to regularly screen employees for COVID-19 infection to limit the spread of the virus and ensure staff health.
What are the benefits of COVID-19 testing at workplaces?
To maintain the safety of the employees and their family members, all employees need to get tested regularly. Regular screening can effectively stop the virus from spreading in and beyond the office campus.
Here are some of the benefits that the organization will be getting if they choose to have a regular COVID-19 screening facility.
- Provides a safe environment for the employees and the people visiting the office, for example, customers, delivery personnel, and other visitors.
- The continuous screening will ensure whether any employee is infected or not. Hence, immediate action can be taken.
- It also helps identify workplaces where the chances of contamination are maximum.
- Regular screening can minimize the chances of an outbreak in the office. A COVID-19 outbreak in the office is highly beneficial as an outbreak would reduce productivity.
What are the best ways to reduce the spread of the virus?
The virus is very contagious. Moreover, new variants are emerging that can rapidly transmit in the population. Thus, for those who are resuming in-person office, the following precautions and steps can help reduce the caseload of workplace infections:
- Regular temperature checks at work: If the temperature of a particular employee is found higher than usual, they need to be tested immediately..
- RT-PCR tests: This is by far the most effective way to detect the presence of the virus. The test is done after collecting swabs from the upper respiratory tract.
- Rapid COVID-19 test: Cheaper and quicker than RT-PCR tests, rapid antigen tests are an excellent option for large-scale screening at workplaces.
- Health questionnaires for the employees: These can be crucial for educating the employees on what to do and what not to. One can find such questionnaires at the testing centers as well as online.
- Cleanliness and sanitation: The office’s premises should be regularly cleaned and sanitized. In addition, employees should be given access to PPE kits, hand-washing facilities, and they should be routinely reminded to wash their hands and maintain distance from other employees.
Even though there is no mandate by the government, every office needs to get COVID-19 testing done for the employees. With technological advancement, testing and getting results have become more accessible and quicker than ever.
What are the latest CDC guidelines for Covid-19?
The US itself had more than 60 million covid cases in the last two years. Furthermore, the emergence of the Omicron variant has re-instated the need for more stringent precautionary measures and frequent COVID-19 tests.
If you are looking for reliable, quick, and accurate COVID-19 testing that is also near the airport, then Affordable Rapid Testing is at your service. We offer safe, affordable, and contactless COVID-19 testing services, including same-day RT-PCR tests, rapid COVID-19 tests, and mobile testing facilities for organizations. Book an appointment or call us to get your testing slots.
- Warner Elliot Loop, Phoenix
- PHX Airport/Arcadia, Phoenix
- Via De Ventura, Scottsdale
- W. Bell Road, Sun City
Important links: https://www.cdc.gov/index.htm