If you want to visit China, you should be aware of the limitations involved, which may include providing documentation of a negative COVID-19 result. Currently, it is a mandate for travelers visiting China to provide negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test results acquired within 72 hours prior to departure. Also known as Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction, the RT-PCR test is the most utilized form of COVID-19 test. This testing method can help easily detect the traces of the RNA (virus’s genetic material) in an individual’s respiratory sample (collected using a nose or throat swab). With a high level of specificity and sensitivity, RT-PCR testing is regarded as the most reliable test for detecting COVID-19 and is a part of the travel regulations imposed upon international passengers traveling to China.
How to obtain an RT-PCR test before traveling to China?
If you want to undergo RT-PCR testing for a trip to China, you can normally receive one at a testing center or clinic. You must present a state-authorized document of identification (passport, driver’s license, etc) and cover the cost of the test (which may vary depending on the location). You can usually obtain the results in 24 to 48 hours. However, it is best to give it plenty of time before boarding your flight in case you face delays.
It is crucial to remember that admission regulations and testing processes are subject to regular modification. Hence, it is best to verify with the appropriate regulatory bodies for the current information before traveling to China.
Advice for travelers before boarding a flight to China
Here is some pre-travel testing advice regarding the norms and requirements for RT-PCR testing for travelers visiting China:
- Test timing: The RT-PCR test needs to be conducted within 72 hours of departure. This implies that the results need to be delivered no later than 72 hours before the planned departure time of the flight.
- Prerequisites for testing: The test must be an RT-PCR test also known as a nucleic acid test (NAT). Other tests, like rapid antigen or antibody assays, do not qualify for China travel.
- Place of testing: The test needs to be administered at a medical facility designated or recognized by the Chinese consulate or embassy in the country where the test is administered. You can check out the list of authorized institutions online on the official website of either of the two regulatory bodies mentioned.
- Test results: The results of the test need to be in either English or Chinese and must include the following mandatory details:-
- The passenger’s name
- The passenger’s date of birth
- The passenger’s passport/ ID number
- The form of test performed (RT-PCR, Rapid Antigen etc.)
- The date and time of the test
- The final test result.
- Quarantine specifications: Even if your COVID-19 test result is negative, you could end up being compelled to go through quarantine when you arrive in China. The duration of the period of quarantine may vary according to the destination or the travel history.
- Other criteria: Passengers traveling to China might alos have to plan ahead by taking some other requirements into consideration. They may include:-
- Filling out a health declaration form
- Possibility of temperature tests upon arrival
- Possibility of health screenings upon arrival
Affordable Rapid Testing offers stellar RT-PCR testing services
To determine if you have COVID-19, RT-PCR testing is the simplest and quickest way to go by it. Choose Affordable Rapid Testing, Arizona for a speedy and low-cost test. They provide the quickest RT-PCR testing results while also guaranteeing accuracy. Thanks to their group of medical professionals, they will guide you throughout the testing procedure and deliver thorough findings quickly. With walk-in clinics established all throughout Scottsdale and Phoenix, their services are easily accessible. If you are struggling to locate a testing center near you, all you need to do is go to your web browser and search for keywords like ‘Rapid testing near me’. Choose your nearest Affordable Rapid testing Center and book an appointment either online or by calling their helpline number. To discover more about Affordable Rapid Testing, you can check out their official website.