The COVID-19 virus has posed a continuous threat to our life since its emergence. The news of rising cases and the evolution of variants over the last two years has changed how we travel. With pandemic scare still looming large, there are some precautions that we must undertake for traveling safely. Thus, it’s pertinent to be aware of RT-PCR tests for travel and rapid COVID-19 testing.
Why is it necessary to do RT-PCR tests before traveling?
According to the guidelines provided by CDC, it is mandatory to do an RT-PCR COVID-19 test if you’re traveling internationally to the US. Unvaccinated individuals must do the test not more than three days before the journey, and vaccinated persons need to undergo the test at least a day before the travel date. Only the RT-PCR COVID-19 test is the accepted standard for international travel since it gives accurate results about the presence of the virus in the human body.
COVID 19 testing and safety tips while traveling
It has been a matter of great confusion as to what, when, where we should do RT-PCR tests, whether it is vital to do the RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and what safety measures apply to national and international travel. CDC is here to guide you through this.
Safety tips to remember for domestic travel within the United States:
- Wear a well-fitting mask while in indoor spaces of public transportations/transportation hubs.
- Children of 2 years, age and older must wear a well-fitted mask in crowded areas.
- You can avoid maks in open areas and outdoor settings.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water for washing hands.
- Get vaccinated and stay up-to-date with the local health guidelines of your destination.
Safety tips to remember for travel to and from the United States:
- Make sure to check the visiting country’s current COVID-19 situation.
- You should get acquainted with the country’s COVID-19 testing policies and restrictions, as they may vary from place to place.
- If you are traveling to the United States by air, you must show a negative COVID-19 test report or recovery proof before boarding your flight.
- You must avoid any kind of traveling if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or have come in contact with a COVID-19 patient.
- Wearing a well-fitting mask and using an alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water is applicable for international travel as well.
Why is RT-PCR COVID-19 test compulsory for international travels to the USA?
RT-PCR COVID-19 test for traveling is essential and has been made mandatory by an amendment (on use from 25th October 2021.) It applies to any foreign national over the age of 2 traveling to the United States.
- You have to get an RT-PCR COVID-19 test report (not more than 1-day old) regardless of your citizenship or vaccination status if you want to travel to the USA.
- RT-PCR tests results must be negative for you to board a flight to the USA.
- Travelers must also show recovery documentation if they have recovered from COVID-19 during the 90 days before the travel date.
Follow CDC for the latest COVID-19 information
Abiding by safety measures is paramount during these times, especially if you are traveling. If you happen to travel from Phoneix, Arizona, Affordable Rapid Testing offers quick and hassle-free RT-PCR COVID-19 tests and rapid COVID tests at an affordable price.
You can avail of our services at these locations:
- W. Bell Road, Sun City
- PHX Airport/Arcadia, Phoenix
- Via De Ventura, Scottsdale
- Warner Elliot Loop, Phoenix