According to the most recent CDC report, infection rates for common STDs like Syphilis, Chlamydia, and Gonorrhoea have hit a record-high level. Testing should be made an obligatory requirement during routine health checks. However, the additional costs of getting a test have resulted in most people avoiding the idea entirely.
When it comes to undergoing STD tests, money should be the last thing on your mind. As a result, you’ll be relieved to learn that there are several free and low-cost options to get tested for STIs in Arizona. Here’s a breakdown of how frequently you should get tested, what testing includes, and some of the top free and low-cost testing locations in Arizona.
Why is getting an STD test important?
The majority of STIs are asymptomatic, meaning that infected individuals experience little to no symptoms at all. Some of them even mistake the symptoms for something else and avoid getting tested and treated. Some STDs like Syphilis can be dormant for years only to come back with full force and wreak havoc on the body. If an STD is left to fester in the body for a long time, it can lead to severe health complications and even death. And whether or not you have apparent symptoms, leaving an STI untreated can lead to:-
- Higher vulnerability to other STDs
- Kidney damage
- PID (pelvic inflammatory disease)
What is involved in STD tests?
STD tests are typically simple and inexpensive and may comprise the following processes for testing:
- Blood test: A blood test can reveal antibodies to common STDs such as Hepatitis C in the provided sample.
- Swab test: In this test, your fluid sample will be taken with a cotton swab from any sores associated with STDs or any infected portion of the body (oral or vaginal region).
- Urine test: A urine test involves collecting a sample of urine and sending it to a lab to be tested to detect any STI-causing pathogens.
Reliable budget-friendly testing options in Arizona
There are several low-cost or free STI testing services available in Arizona. They include:-
- Local health departments: Several local health clinics offer budget-friendly testing options. You can use your search engine and type something akin to ‘STD testing near me’, to garner reliable results pertaining to your location.
- Planned Parenthood: Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization dedicated to offering sexual health awareness including STD tests and treatments. Arizona has several branches of Planned Parenthood clinics that specialize in STD testing. Some even offer them for free. Check in with the nearest Planned Parenthood center for more information.
- Portable clinics: Recently, the state of Arizona has come up with mobile vehicles that offer affordable testing services on wheels in various areas. Find out more about the location and timings to choose this option.
- Schools or colleges: Schools and colleges often provide free STD tests. If you are a minor or in college, you can talk to your school/college nurse for more information.
- At-home STD kits: This is a highly inexpensive option and is readily available over the counter. Most pharmacies keep a stock of at-home STD test kits which you can buy for a few dollars. However, the results are not always reliable.
- STD Testing clinics: With more and more cases of STDs cropping up in the CDC surveys, there will never be a scarcity of STD testing clinics. You can find the nearest testing clinic easily via your locator application on your smartphone. If you are struggling to choose, you can always go for Affordable Rapid Testing. It is one of the best budget-friendly testing centers with walk-in centers in both Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona. Starting from booking the appointment to receiving the test results, the entire procedure is seamless and hassle-free.
Affordable Rapid Testing, AZ is the most reliable low-cost STD testing service
STDs can endanger both your sexual and general health. In the long term, living with an STD can be harmful to both your and your partner’s health. If you have STD symptoms, going to the local STD clinic for STI testing is an ethical thing to do. Choose Affordable Rapid Testing to meet all of your STD testing needs. As the most dependable STD testing service with walk-in testing locations in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona, they aim to provide the most reliable results at the fastest possible time. Visit their official website to learn more.