Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) infectious diseases that one person can contract from another via sexual activities. Aside from vaginal, anal or oral sex, they can be transmitted even if one hasn’t engaged in sexual activities. STDs are known to commonly afflict people within 15 to 44 years of age and can even occur in people who haven’t engaged in any sexual activity at all. Therefore, if you are experiencing STD symptoms without a history of sexual activity, consider undergoing STD testing.
What are the most common types of STDs that one can contract without having sex?
There most common types of STDs that people can contract without engaging in any sexual activity are:-
How can one contract an STD without having sex?
The very thought of contracting an STD without even engaging in any sexual activity can be alarming. Some of the most common ways to contract an STD without having sex are mentioned below:-
- Kissing: As innocent and sweet as it sounds, kissing is one of the most notorious ways of contracting Herpes. There have been many cases where children as young as 5 years of age who have contracted Herpes because they have been kissed by an infected family member.
- Having non-penetrative sex: Oral sex is a common cause of Herpes. In certain instances, it can even result in HPV or Chlamydia. Sharing sex toys of or with an infected person also exposes you to the risk of contracting STDs.
- Contaminated foods: It is entirely possible to contract an STD if your mucosal membrane comes in contact with an infected person’s bodily fluids. Hence, if said person does not wash their hands while preparing food for you or even shares food with you, you have a high chance of contracting an STD like HPV.
- Sharing razors and syringes: If an infected person’s blood or bodily fluids come in contact with your bloodstream, you are bound to contract an STD. Therefore, you should know better not to share razors with anyone at all. As for syringes, make sure that the syringe is freshly opened from a sealed packet before being injected.
- Blood transfusion: HIV is a raging issue and one of the easiest ways to contract it is via blood transfusion. If you are getting a blood transfusion, make sure you research heavily on the blood bank you are sourcing blood from
Should one get tested for STDs if they have never had sex?
Despite not having penetrative sex, the aforementioned ways of contracting an STD is very much possible. Herpes, Chlamydia, Gonnorhea and HPV can be transferred through very close body contact and oral sex. Hence, you should not brush off common STD symptoms if you are experiencing them. Most infected people don’t even undergo their symptoms. Therefore, regardless of you having any history of sexual experience or not, STD testing should be a mandatory part of a standard routine health check up.
Choose Affordable Rapid Testing for the best walk-in std testing in Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ
STDs are a raging issue in the United States and is known to impact a vast population of people irrespective of their sexual histories. It should therefore be a standard procedure during one’s routine health check up. If you are wondering where to get tested for STD, you can either search for STD testing near me on your smartphone or choose Affordable Rapid Testing. Affordable Rapid Testing offers the best testing services including STD testing in Phoenix AZ. With dedicated centers in both Phoenix and Scottsdale, they offer fast and accurate results at affordable rates. To know more about their services, check out their website.