Sexually Transmitted Diseases, commonly known as STDs, are usually transmitted from one sexual organ to another through the process of unprotected and unsafe sexual intercourse. One can also contract an STD while using any object, e.g., a razor, needle, etc., used by an STD-infected person before and left uncleaned.
There are various types of STDs that a person may contract if he is not careful about his sexual well-being. STDs like Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Trichomoniasis, and HIV can prove to be deadly if a person does not get STD tests done on time.
What are the most common STDs?
STD tests are really important to detect a particular STI or sexually transmitted infection in one’s body. But before that, one must know about the most common STDs in detail. Some of them are discussed below –
- HIV– Human Immunodeficiency Virus, commonly known as HIV, is considered to be the most lethal STD. It directly puts a person’s immunity system in danger. It usually stops the vaginal fluid from flowing, thereby disrupting the whole bodily system. If proper STD testing is not done for HIV, then it may turn into Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, also known as AIDS, which will eventually lead to death.
- Chlamydia – Chlamydia is a bacterial infection that can infect both men and women. It permanently destroys the reproductive system. If a woman contracts this bacterial infection, then she may not get pregnant for her whole life if not diagnosed on time. Chlamydia is one of those STDs which can be cured with proper treatment.
- Trichomoniasis – Trichomoniasis is an STD that can be infectious for both men and women through the process of transfer of protozoa between the sexual organs. This transfer takes place through the process of vaginal sex mainly. Trichomoniasis falls under one of the common types of STDs that can be easily detected through STD testing.
- Gonorrhoea – Gonorrhoea is the most common STD which spreads through anal, vaginal, and oral sex. The most affected areas due to this bacterial infection are the cervix and the throat. Initially, a type of itching is very common around the sexual organ as it gradually spreads around and inside the organ. As Gonorrhoea sometimes shows no symptoms, it is best to take recourse to STD testing to know its nature. Since this is not a deadly disease, proper medication and timely treatment can cure it completely.
- Syphilis – The most prevalent STD in the US in the last few years, Syphilis is a bacterial infection. The symptoms of Syphilis include painless sores in the mouth, genital area, and rectum. The disease can remain dormant for years before causing severe brain damage and blindness, affecting the heart and nerves too. If not treated on time, it can turn lethal as well. Syphilis is tested through blood tests, where a small sample is collected from the veins and tested for the presence of the disease-causing bacteria. It can be treated with antibiotics in its initial stages.
Affordable Rapid Testing, Phoenix is a go-to destination for testing the most common STDs
To test the most common STDs, Affordable Rapid Testing, Phoenix, is an ideal option. The skilled health professionals will direct the entire proceedings of the STD tests conducted through the process of sample collection and physical exams. This lab also provides same-day results and proper medical treatment if diagnosed with any STD. Unlike some other labs, the average price of the rapid STD tests conducted in this lab ranges between $150 to $4000.
The lab offers the facility of simple and hassle-free rapid STD testing without seeing a doctor while sitting in the comfort and privacy of your home. One can also avail of completely discreet walk-in STD testing. They also provide drive-through, on-site mobile testing, and events testing. Visit their website to know more.