The WM Phoenix Open event has garnered worldwide fame for lovers of golf due to its laid-back atmosphere, and has been labelled “The Greatest Show on Grass”. However, amidst the rising cases of COVID-19, it took place with stringent post-COVID restrictions and strictly limited crowds. However, in 2023, it is set to commence without any restrictions in January. The chairman, Michael Golding as well as the Thunderbirds staff are all set to invite a larger crowd to TPC Scottsdale. This raises the obvious question about if you have a risk of contracting COVID-19, in this event and if you should consider COVID-19 testing as an option after the event. Lets us learn more about it here.
Can you still contract COVID-19 in the WM Phoenix Open, in 2023?
The WM Phoenix Open is deemed one of the most famous events in the PGA Tour calendar. As one of the highest-attended golf tournaments in the world, it sees an estimated more than 700,000 footfalls overall. With the WM Phoenix Open, 2023 being held in January, fans are overzealous about attending the event that has lifted all restrictions related to COVID-19. However, despite being vaccinated, you can still contract the virus just like any other flu. Despite the severity of the virus’ effects being significantly toned down, it is still a significant threat to non-vaccinated individuals and ones with immunocompromising diseases.
What new measures have been taken to ensure safety in the WM Phoenix Open
As per the words of Wyndham Clark, a PGA Tour golfer “Last year was weird” and everyone is excited to “have the craziness back.” It is the mad frenzy surrounding this event that makes this show one of the most highly anticipated ones in Scottsdale. Both 2021 and 2022 were the years when the Phoenix Open was only open to a strictly limited number of crowds along with stringent measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, with the limited capacity of the previous years, they had the opportunity to plan new measures to make the 2023 event not only COVID-free but also, restriction-less. Some of the measures are as follows:-
- Many changes have been made to the venue, stadium par-3 hole 16. New installation of boxes and bars has been incorporated.
- New creative seating arrangements have been made as opposed to sitting on the grass. They have built the 1937 Club which is designed to give viewers an experience akin to a clubhouse.
- 6000 sqft hospitality venue has been built to cater to general admission fans.
Why you should consider Rapid RT-PCR testing after the event?
With the even dates rapidly approaching us, one needs to be careful about the obvious situation: contracting COVID-19. However, rapid RT-PCR testing is a surefire way of detecting COVID-19 in a swab sample. Some of the main reasons why you should consider getting tested are:-
- You can be asymptomatic, but you can also carry the virus around and may accidentally spread it to someone.
- If your body is immunocompromised, make sure you wear a mask to the event to prevent contracting or spreading this disease.
- To ensure your safety, make sure that take up COVID-19 testing post the event.
- Practising social distancing is now easier with the new renovations in the stadium that were built keeping in mind the COVID-19 restrictions.
- Sanitize your hands before every meal or if your hands come in contact with germs or viruses.
- Get tested before attending the event. Ensure that the test is rendered negative.
Choose Affordable Rapid Testing for the most accurate Rapid RT-PCR testing
With more people getting vaccinated, COVID-19 limitations and restrictions are being eased in most countries worldwide. However, it does not necessarily mean that the risk of contracting it has been nullified. While it is easy to say that COVID-19 has pretty much taken the shape of the seasonal flu, it still might wreak havoc on unvaccinated and immunocompromised individuals. Although there is a possibility of both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals being asymptomatic, the virus might still be dormant in their bodies. This increases the risk of them spreading it to others who might end up suffering adverse symptoms. Therefore, getting tested is a must. You can choose Affordable Rapid Testing, Phoenix for seamless Rapid RT-PCR testing with the quickest results possible. To know more about their services, check out their website.