The COVID-19 pandemic has substantially impacted domestic travel in the US due to the constantly changing legislation and processes. Many travelers still need to figure out how to move between states and what to expect on arrival when it comes to rapid PCR testing results. If your journey may lead you to be at a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19, get tested after your trip. Before leaving, be sure to check the travel limitations that may be imposed by state, tribal, municipal, and territorial administrations.
Why planning is a must before a trip
It is wise to pre-plan and schedule specific checklists and mandates before traveling. You can follow the instructions elucidated below:-
- Make sure your COVID-19 vaccinations are up-to-date. You can search for ‘PCR test for travel near me’ on your phone to locate vaccination centers to get a booster dose if necessary. The COVID-19 vaccine and booster shot are efficient at preventing patients, from becoming severely ill.
- Keep yourself updated about the COVID-19 Community Level at your destination before travel.
- Learn how to protect yourself and others if you are travelling to an area with a high or medium COVID-19 Community Level.
- Make sure you are aware of any state, tribal, local, and territorial travel limitations (mandatory wearing of masks, immunization records, or testing).
Air travel vs. Land travel during Covid 19
There are certain things you need to keep in mind before planning a domestic journey, either via air (flights) or via land (buses, trains, cars) during the pandemic.
|Traveling via Air
|Traveling via Land
|The latest PCR test report is a must before traveling by air during the pandemic, as you will be in a public bubble.
The use of masks, distance, and hygiene precautions are successful.
Temperature screening has been proven to be inconsistent.
Although it is thought that there is a very minimal chance of in-flight transmission, one case per 27 million travelers has been reported.
|Driving is often seen as a safe activity during COVID-19 since it is typically done by a single individual or is frequently done in pairs with recognized connections.
According to government regulations, car sharing is not authorized with someone from outside your household unless your travel is performed for an exempt purpose.
Similar rules apply while sharing a cab.
Which vaccination documentation is required?
Before traveling, US citizens who are vaccinated with all recommended vaccines should travel with proof of their vaccination status to present to their airlines or at nearby checkpoints. The paper or digital record that acts as proof of immunization should include:-
- The traveler’s name and birthdate
- The vaccine product
- The administration date(s) for all doses the passenger received.
Some final steps to keep in mind
Although the looming threat of contracting COVID-19 has considerably diminished, it should not be entirely ignored. Here are some final steps you can keep in mind before traveling:-
- Use a private vehicle: The possibility of spreading COVID-19 to others is diminished by using a private car.
- Avoid crowded areas: Avert huge crowds and busy public areas whenever you can.
- Avoid public transportation: Public transportation such as planes, buses, or trains are high-risk areas when it comes to COVID-19. If you can’t spend the whole trip using a high-quality mask or respirator while near others inside, avoid these modes of transport.
- Avoid high or medium COVID-19 Community Level areas: Avoid going to locations where COVID-19 is very contagious or where vaccination rates are low.
- Avoid wet markets: Stay away from areas and markets where animals are dressed or butchered, and avoid eating raw or undercooked food.
- Avoid animals: Animals also have a high chance of contracting COVID-19. Avoid touching or petting animals.
- Sanitise often: Remember to use hand sanitizer after shaking hands with strangers.
The World Health Organization and the Food and Drug Administration have both recognized the following vaccinations as valid and effective ones as of now:-
- Johnson & Johnson/Jansen (single dose)
Choose Affordable Rapid Testing for the fastest RT-PCR tests During Domestic Travel.
Rapid testing is one of the finest techniques to ensure that you are safe to travel domestically via air or land during or after the pandemic. In Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona, Affordable Rapid Testing provides the quickest and most seamless RT-PCR tests. PCR tests in Phoenix labs have all the vaccinations mentioned earlier available. Get yours at the nearest PCR testing Phoenix lab. To know more about their services, check out their website.