By the grace of God, the Coronavirus vaccine is out and available for everybody. But still, the chances of catching the virus have not reduced completely. People are still getting exposed to someone with the virus. As a result, they are experiencing flu-like symptoms. Are you facing the same symptoms? You can always find out your health condition with 30 minutes RT-PCR tests.
A Brief On RT-PCR Tests
Currently, RT-PCR is the gold standard of COVID-19 tests. It takes three or more days to get the results. On other hand, the Visby Rapid test offers the same accurate result as the standard RT-PCR test but within half an hour of the appointment.
Founded in 2020, the Visby Rapid RT-PCR test is a portable and effective version of the RT-PCR test. Much like the standard test, this rapid PCR test involves a nasal swab test too.
Instead of sending it to the lab and waiting for the report, the Visby test is done onsite with the use of a portable device. Same Day Rapid RT-PCR COVID-19 tests results are out within 30 minutes.
Same day Rapid RT -PCR & Standard RT-PCR Test
- Both are molecular tests that help to detect genetic material from the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Both need a nasal swab sample test
- Both tests have low ratios of false results
- Visby rapid PCR test is processed onsite and the results come out within 30 minutes
- The standard RT-PCR test is sent to a lab for processing. The result takes at least three days to come.
Are The Same Day Rapid RT-PCR COVID-19 tests FDA Approved?
The FDA has still not approved the Visby Rapid PCR test. But it falls under the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) act. So, are you wondering how does the Visby test compares to the rapid antigen test? For your information, both the tests provide quick results but work differently.
- Rapid antigen detects the proteins located on the virus’s surface, whereas the rapid PCR test detects the proteins on the RNA
- Both the nasal swab and the saliva swab works for the rapid antigen test
Depending on your circumstances, your doctor will recommend you the right test.
How Can You Get An Visby Rapid PCR Test?
It is available at drive-in centers, doctors’ offices, and selective COVID clinics. However, at first, you need to check with the center to see how can you book an appointment.